Monday, April 11, 2011

Mr. Colton Allen Trice

On Tuesday March 29, 2011 at 3:19 p.m. Mr. Colton Allen Trice finally arrived. He weighed 7.12 and was 21.5 inches long. With that being said I'll start by telling you how the day got started.

Chris and I got to the hospital around 6:30/7:00 a.m. and we went straight to our room, 324 at St. Vincent's. Once we got in and they got me hooked up they were ready to break my water. Now I had came in that morning at 3 cm already. When my doctor broke my water not much came out, because she said Colton was so far down my pelvis he was blocking the water. She said that if my water had broke I probably didn't know it because he was blocking it. So there is a good chance that my water had already broke and I had no idea because tons of water didn't just come out at once. Once she was done with that she had to hook at montior up to him and again since he was so far done my pelvis she had to push him back up, which was honestly more painful that my contractions. My contractions weren't has bad as I had thought they would be. I tried to last as long as I could, but at the same time I didn't want to wait to long. So I got my epidural around 9:30-10:00 a.m. I believe. The epidural was amazing. I was so scared about getting a epidural and it was nothing. After the epidural had really set in my legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs each. I didn't feel a thing though. I forgot to mention that my Mom and Dad were there at 7:30 a.m. so lets just say my Mom and Dad loved watching the screen to see when I was having a contraction and had bad it was. They were laughing when I would be talking away when I was having a contraction after the epidural. About an hour after my epidural my amazing nurse came back in to check me and I was at 6 cm. Right after she walked out the door I looked to Chris and told him I felt like I was about to pass out. I really really didn't want to pass out because I hate the feeling and I didn't want to scare Chris. He said my lips had turned blue and my Mom went running out the door to catch the nurse. She came back in and gave me some medicine and said that my blood pressure had dropped to 95/55. After that I had no problems! At 1:20 p.m. I was finally 10 cm and ready to push. I couldn't believe it. Chris, my mom, and my sister got to stay in the room. Once we started pushing it seems like no time and the nurse was calling the doctor. So I had only pushed from 1:20 to 3:19 when he finally arrived. The whole time I was pushing Chris, my Mom, and sister were great motivators. I had the best cheerleaders!!! :) Colton did have a cone-shaped head becasue he was sitting in my pelvis for so long. The next day it was a perfect round shaped. After he was born Chris and I took time to ourselves before we let visitors come in. The first visitors were our grand-mothers and Colton's great grand-mothers. Chris was able to get it all on tape and it will be a great thing for us to share with Colton when he gets older. It was a special moment for me because Chris taped my Memaw and I talking and the other day when I watched it I started crying. It was truly a special time for both Colton and I. We came home on Thursday and my family came over to make us dinner and it was so good. I love watching my Dad when he has Colton because he talks in that cute voice. My Dad is so in love with Colton. I wouldn't want it any other way though. I'm so thankful that Colton has a Papaw that so in love with him. I'm so thankful to have great parents that I willing to help out whenever because it helps Chris and I so much. Here are so pictures of Mr. Colton at home.











1 comment:

  1. He is so precious! We definitely need to get a picture together with our boys next time! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete